Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Again with the crank shaft sensor... Can you show me how…

Customer Question
Again with the crank shaft...
Again with the crank shaft sensor... Can you show me how much voltage is suppose to go to each wire that goes to each prong on the sensor. And which is the ground
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

It's a 5 volt sensor supplied by the computer, then you have the ground wire.

Thanks, Ron

My wires melted off.. Im trying figured out which wire goes to wich prong on the sensor. By testing with a meter which wire will show what voltage and where do.they go
I cNt see the colors due to being melted so im trying to re wire it. If I check it with a meter I have one with 12 volt one with 10 and a ground.. Im guessing because.it ohms out.. Im going directly from wire to.the prongs on the sensor.. Which wire goes on which prong

Sounds like you're going to need some professional help with this, especially because there may be a LOT more damage than you're actually seeing right now. It's not unusual for problems like these to get a bit above us and require a technician. Please don't hold that against my rating, that wouldn't be fair.

Thanks again,

I understand. But it runs and only code im geting is crankshaft sensor circuit p330 . And the only melted wires were these. So I just need a diagram of these wires and what each should read

Those may not be the same wire though, what exactly do you need , the CRANK circuit wiring?

Thanks, Ron

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks, Ron

Here's the diagram of the crank sensor.