Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

N, i have a 2014 Nissan Altima that was in a flood. I have…

Customer Question
HELLON HELLO Mechanic's...

HELLON HELLO

Mechanic's Assistant: Hello. What is your issue regarding?

Mechanic's Assistant: Huh?

I have a 2014 Nissan Altima that was in a flood. I have drained the oil, trany, removed plug. it will not start. could it be electrical and where would i start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I have start doing my own repair to save money. I have removed a compoent to dry out the unit. it has fuses in it label. wiper motor, tail light, fog lamp, AC, etc. etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Throttle mtr

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?

Il like to make and attempt. i am some mechnical

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Being in a flood this can damage electronics on your model here.I have seen this several times before in the past.Where i would start is with checking all wiring and wiring connections under the vehicle and on the engine.If the water made it inside the vehicle you would check wiring connections for corrosion or damage as well and replace any wiring connections that are found to be damaged or corroded in any way.This would be the first place to start.

From here if any fuse panels or electronic control units or computers had water in them or show signs of water damage these need replaced as well.The water causes a corrosion that shorts out the electronics to where unfortunately the affected electronics have to be replaced.I have had to do this on several models in the past before that had electronic issues like this here due to a flood issue.This can be a long process to locate all of the damage and repair it but this is what has to be done before you connect a battery and try and start it.If you connect a battery with only some components repaired or replaced you risk damaging these new components if anything else is damaged or corroded.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete