Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My husband's keyless entry is dead and some one jimmied the…

Customer Question
My husband's keyless entry is...
My husband's keyless entry is dead and some one jimmied the lock on drivers side. Can he get in the car through the trunk with a key?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately there isnt an access on this model through the trunk on this model here as the back seat is removed from the inside of the vehicle and trying to push through it from the trunk will damage the back seat and backing material.In this situation here the only way to access the inside of the vehicle would be to have a AAA company or lock smith come out and use their tools to unlock the door (possibly the passenger door) to then gain access to the vehicle.

If a new remote/key fob is needed it will need programmed and this has to be done by a dealer with their computer/scan tool plugged into the vehicle once access is gained to the vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician