Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to reset the anti lock system, How can I get the key to…

Customer Question
How to reset the...

How to reset the anti lock system

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

How can I get the key to read

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and model is this? Also what do you mean reset Anti-lock system?

1995 nissan max I stick the key in it and itwant say nothing I had this problem before
Can you call me

You put the key in the ignition and nothing happens? No power or anything?

The lights come it's something to do with the security

Try locking and unlocking the car with the mechanical key on the drivers door and passenger door then see if it starts?

It didn't work

Do you hear a click or anything when you try to start it?

Don't hear nothing

If you get out of the car and lock the car with the mechanical key, the security light should turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds. Right? It does that?

it did

Then your factory security system is not keeping the car from starting. That is working properly.

Do you have a After Market alarm on the car that you know of?

I think it's the factory alarm because that light is not solid and this is not the first time it happen I don't have no aftermarket alarm on it I can't remember how I did it last time

Well, locking the car with the key, for the security light to turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds, then start the blink. That is normal operation for the security system. So when you are using the mechanical key to unlock the door, that is turning the factory alarm off. So the factory alarm is not your problem.

We need to see if there is a After Market Alarm installed. I understand that you don't think it has one, but if you are not the original owner, it's very common for someone to own a car for years and never know it has one until it is activated.

How handy are you?

No aftermarket alarm on it I had this same problem before I think I had to stick in the door open it was something like that

There is a Alarm Tamper switch that connects to the Door lock cylinders. The fact that you turned the key in the door means that the tamper switch is working and armed and disarmed the factory alarm.

So something else is causing this. It's not the factory alarm. So how handy are you?

Wat you need me to do
Do this car have a kill switch

No it does not have a factory kill switch.

I would like to see if the starter is getting power when the key is turned to the crank position. Do you have a volt meter?

No sir do you think I need to boost it off

You can try that. But if it doesn't jump with a boost, then we need to check to see if the starter is getting power.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!