Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having trouble removing the intake manifold on my 03…

Customer Question
Hi there, I'm having trouble...
Hi there, I'm having trouble removing the intake manifold on my 03 altima
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

I'd love help you get this one sorted.

Take a look at this diagram and let me know where you are getting stuck.

I am stuck at the front of the cylinder head where the timing chain connects to it. I can't seem to find where else I need to disconnect any bolts to lift it off the engine block. I'm a girl by the way and doing this alone.

Oh so you need help pulling the head, you have already pulled the intake?

Are the intakes those bars thAT look like mufflers, because if so , I have already detached them from both sides.
The circled items have been removed,it's item1 is stuck on the engine

Ok cool.

You have pulled all of the head bolts right?

Then you pulled the timing chain?

All of the pulleys are removed, and the motor mount is pulled?

I just wanted to see if you need any additional help.

Please don't forget to rate if you no longer need help. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.