Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Matt, QX56 2004 P1168 P1051 I change the O2 sensor bank1…

Customer Question
QX56 2004 P1168 P1051...

QX56 2004 P1168 P1051 I change the O2 sensor bank1 sensoer 1 but the light came back on even after reset ecu

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
hello
are you there
2/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hi there,

There is a technical service bulletin for these 2 codes.

Basically Nissan will reprogram the ecm and get the sensor back into parameters. There is a fee for this work, but since you have replaced the sensor already, it should be done and something you should consider.

the dealer has to reprogram the ecm?

the bulletin # ***** *****

I have had a lot of success with this reprogramming to resolve this particular code.

I believe some shops have the ability with the right scan tool, so I would call around. I have only worked at the dealership so I am not that up to date on aftermarket scan tools.

You likely didn't even have to replace the sensor to be honest.

Really? What does it cost?
How do I get to this bulletin?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The labor is .8 hours to have the computer reprogrammed. I would start there. It is possible that you may also have a converter issue, but you need to start here.

HERE is a link to the bulletin.

y wouldn't the converter throw a code
will the dealer take the truck if it's not registered. just picked it up today. need emissions before I can get a tag.

They don't always, but if the sensor isn't working it's not going to. The sensor tells on the converter. That's basically it's job in a round about way. I am only giving you a heads up that it could come to that. One step at a time, taking care of getting rid of this first code is the first step. Then once that is done wait and see if the converter code comes up. If not, then it's golden.

They should, it doesn't have to be registered to work on it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Also, please remember to rate my answer.

Thank you.

I'm going to send you something to look at in a second just to make sure we're on the same page.
you still around Mike

The bulletin covers both banks, the 2 codes you have are also both bank so yes, we are talking about the same thing. The reprogramming changes the parameters for the heaters on the O2 sensors so it will run in loop.

Sorry for the delay, lost my internet connection last night.