Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 nissan titan. The sheft lever will move but it…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 nissan...
I have a 2005 nissan titan. The sheft lever will move but it stays in park.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

So when you put the truck into neutral it will not roll? or move?

It won't go into neutral. The shifter moves but stays in park

Do you know if you see the linkage on the transmission change when the shifter changes? Do you know if the shifter cable became undone on the shifter or trans?

I do not. It was just fine coming to work

Does the shifter feel looser than normal? I understand it may have just been working, but if the cable has popped off, that is something that could have just happened.

Let me know..

It feels very easy to shift it has no resistance

This sounds like the cable has popped off the shifter or on the transmission.

How handy are you? You will need to take a part the center console to access the shifter to inspect the cable connection.

Let me know

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!