Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The ECM does not cut the voltage to the EGRC solenoid

Customer Question
between engine rpm 2000-4000 to...
the ECM does not cut the voltage to the EGRC solenoid between engine rpm 2000-4000 to allow vacuum from the throttle body to pass through the solenoid to enable the EGR to operate as it should. Exhaust temp sensor changed. Intake, throttle body, EGR tube all cleaned. MAF changed. ECM changed. Suspect coolant sensor sending bad signal to ECM. Need to fix for CAL smog. Ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

What codes do you have?

no codes but the EGR will not complete it's test, also when performing functional test EGR does not operate properly until solenoid bypass test is performed.

Did you check to see if the tube that has the EGR temp sensor is clogged up with carbon?

all tubing was checked or replaced. the voltage to the solenoid is not being cut by the ECM that is the problem all vacuum lines to all valves are clear and have been tested

If the solenoid is staying energized, that is powered by the Ecm. Did you replace the Ecm?

ECM was changed

Has the intake been checked for carbon build up as well where the EGR Pipe bolts into it? Are you doing the work or a repair shop?

the circuit from ecm to solenoid checked good
all carbon intake throttle body egr pipe everthing was cleaned.

If you lift the EGR diaphram with the engine at idle, will it stall the car?

the voltage is the problem

I understand that. But I am trying to think of why the computer is doing this. It's still looking for some kind of signal which is why it is keeping the solenoid open so long.

the coolant temp sensor registers properly on the car's dash gauge. but not sure if it is proper with the ecm

The only thing I can think of to try to isolate what signal is causing the Ecm to keep the EGRC solenoid open so long is to do a Ecm Terminal Reference check. There has to be a signal out of spec.

Are you a repair shop?

the ecm circuit to solenoid was checked. the ecm was changed.

I already understand that. I am inquiring if you are doing the work? If you are, I can share the Ecm terminal reference check to see if there is something out of spec causing the Ecm to keep the solenoid on longer than it should

share

That is the complete Ecm terminal reference check. For your issue, each pin will need to be checked and it's readings compared to the specs provided

that url gets an error

Are you on a computer or a cell phone?

computer, it came up

Ok. You got it. It is in a PDF format.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!