Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 nissan xterra v6 3.3ltr 4 4 got 1705 trouble…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 nissan...
I have a 2000 nissan xterra v6 3.3ltr 4 4 got 1705 trouble code. I don't know what to do.please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hi there,

How is the truck running?
Have you tried anything as of yet to resolve the issue?

It shifts hard from 2nd to 3rd
and won't go into 4th.
I have checked the 2 relays, tcm ecm and filled in tps

Ok,

The code is for the throttle position sensor. If it's not functioning properly, the transmission doesn't know what gear to be in. This is likely not a problem with the transmission, but the TPS. Replace the TPS and you will likely resolve the issue with the shifting.

filled in the tps? what does that mean?

I have checked the tps all voltages are exactly on
put a new one on same problem

How did you adjust the TPS?

Scan tool or volt meter?

I used a voltage meter and the check engine light has not come back on. Then hooked it up to the scanner and got the 1705. And I ment to say dials in.

Ok

Without a scan tool you will have to go to the transmission control unit wiring harness and check that your inputs are the same there as they are up at the TPS connector. This will determine if the wiring has any issues. If the results are the same at both ends of the wiring, then the TCM is the likely culprit.This is the orange/black wire on pin 17 at the tps. Sending a diagram of the harness connector to help you find the wire.

I checked the tcm really and got nothing from the 5th center prong is that normal

I am not showing a tcm relay on the power supply for the tcm. With any relay you will always have one without power. This goes to ground so the relay can charge the coil side and make contact on the other side.

The only relay I am showing is the PNP relay, but the power to the TCM is direct from the fuse box and ignition switch. The TCM is storing codes, so it's pretty clear to me it's working like it should in that manner.

i told you how to determine if the issue is the tcm or the wiring, you need to use that method since you don't have a scan tool that can read the tps input to the ecm and the tcm.