Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** today I was driving an hour away from…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** today I was driving an hour away from home and my B-lsd light came on and went into limp mode. I unplugged the battery and it was fine for about 15/20 miles and it started doing it again

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not really sure but it won't rev up passes 2000rpm

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When this light comes on this indicates a fault code has set in one of the computers in the vehicle which in turn is putting the vehicle into a fail safe mode keeping the rpm's limited.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there the codes need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.This needs done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.I suspect a sensor or solenoid failing either on the engine or transmission needing replaced but the codes do need checked to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete