Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

The keyless entry is not working.
, typically i just

Customer Question
the keyless entry is not...
the keyless entry is not working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: typically i just press the button but nothing happens when i press the button.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: there is no sound, and no entry
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: well, i don't know. it's been sitting in the driveway for the entire weekend and now i can't even get into the car. if the battery is dead i don't know how we can jump it without entry. so, to answer the question i guess i won't be able to do it on my own no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
2/21/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and model Nissan is this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nissan Maxima 2007 thanks

The remote doesn't work? The touch entry on the door handles does not work? is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The touch on car does not work and when I use the remote it also does not work.

Do you know if the battery is good in the remote? Did you try changing that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have two different remotes. Neither work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do I need to call a locksmith or a tow?

Does the car start with the mechanical key?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot get into the car

Does the head lights turn on? You may simply have a dead battery. Let me know..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot get into the car. The car does not have kehole

It should have one on the drivers side door.

The drivers side door is the only door that should have a door lock cylinder so if the battery goes dead, the mechanical key is used to open the car to open the hood.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just a button. A dead button.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will check again is it under door handle?

I have seen customers get the cap from the passenger side and install it on the drivers side to hide the lock cylinder. With this type of issue you would need to break the cap off to expose the lock cylinder or call road side to open the car for you.

It sounds more like you are dealing with a dead battery.

It should look like that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dead battery. I got in. Thanks. So how can I get a battery deliveredand installed

Well if it is a dead battery. You can see if you can have a friend jump start you to get the car started so you can pick up a battery to replace it or to have yours tested.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wait the lights for airbag go on but nothing else

That is cause of the weak battery. You can probably expect a Air Bag light cause of the low battery voltage.

do you have any more questions on this?

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician