Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 05 maxima just installed a rebuild trans filled…

Customer Question
I have a 05 maxima...
I have a 05 maxima just installed a rebuild trans filled with valvoline import multi vehicle test drove for 20 or so mins ran great then left her running for about another 20 min to check fluid levels checked out good got back it and would not pull at all shut it off let it cool would pull then once hot again stopped what's up
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/21/2016
Nissan Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

did you flush the cooler?

it's a liquid cools trans

any codes?

0 codes 0 lights

who did the rebuild? sounds lie a internal leak or bypass.. did they give you a warranty?

No warranty
But was curious as if the tcm needs programmed if that has anything to do with it but if it pulls cold it should pull warm right ???

you bought a rebuilt unit with no warranty?

It's cold now and now it won't pull at all done even feel in engage

its a internal failure...you bought a bad unit..

What about the one I took out it ran fine while cold and once warm it hard shift from 1-2 2-3 and down shift
They told me they would give me a refund on trans but argued with me that it was my fault improper install said I probably didn't lock in torque converter
I know I did tho
Anything I can try on the new one before I pull it and is there a way to put a new valve body in and test the old before I reinstall sorry to ask so many questions but this trans is so expensive wanna be sure before I drop 3 grand on a complete reman

no way to test uninstalled

if the torq converter is locked in there is nothing you can do but remove

We'll I'm starting to pull out now I'll get back with you if I have any trouble with new one

ok

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy