Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** I'm working on a 2002 Nissan Altima…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm working on a 2002 Nissan Altima need the location of the fuel pump relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car cranks and will not start I believe it's the fuel pump problem I had it running yesterday for a second on starter fluid only

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/21/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

here is the fuel pump relay location for this car

in the box under the hood

do I know if the fuel pump is getting power at the plug from the end of the wiring harness what is the correct positive port on the plug I only have a 12 volt test light not an ohmmeter

at the fuel pump when cranking it over the black/yellow should show 12 volts and the solid black should be a good ground

if those both check out then the fuel pump is bad

it seems to be getting ground and power I am just going to replace the fuel pump

if that pumps NOT running and you have power and ground to it when cranking it over the pump is bad

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my worm until you rate us here at justanwer

I changed out the fuel pump car with the bill will not start where is the fuel filter on this 2002 Nissan

it is inside the pump assembly there do not have an external filter too change

is this pump running when you crank it over now v./s the old pump that you said was not running when cranking it over ?

as I said I change out the fuel pump the car will still not start where is the fuel filter on this 2002 Nissan Altima

as i said

I got the car to where it will start but it will only idle for a few seconds and will not take any throttle
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The fuel pump relay is part of the IPDM. This relay is not serviceable. What is the problem with the car?

I got the car to where it will start but it only idles for a few seconds and will not take any throttle

Do you know if you have any codes stored?

no no I do not know

Well the first step for your issue to really determine the direction needed is to see if you can rent a scanner to scan the car for codes and see if you have any codes stored. Once we have the codes we can better determine the direction needed to resolve your issue.

I can keep this question open till you can do this. Does that work for you?

I do own a scanner but I can not get to it until tomorrow will let you know thank you

Perfect. I will talk to you tomorrow then.

I will be online around 7 pm EST till late evening.

Ok

Talk to you then.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!