peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I am busy replacing the timing chain kit. Engine is not

Customer Question

I am busy replacing the timing chain kit. Engine is not turning when the oil pump shaft shaft and distributor are installed. It only turns when they have been removed. What would cause that
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check to make sure you are installing them correctly.Make sure the chain is lined up properly as well and all other chain components.Usually one of these will be the cause here needing corrected to resolve this issue.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete