Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 versa hatchdoor won't open, went inside took small door…

Customer Question
2012 versa hatchdoor won't...

2012 versa hatchdoor won't open, went inside took small door on panel off and moved the little switch from left to right and still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It was in an accident and I hear the actuator work, but it just doesn't release, I'm guessing a cable or something might have come lose but I don't see any called on there

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Thanks
2/20/2016
Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A failed lath will prevent the latch from opening and under normal circumstances that would be the most likely cause, but the problem may be related to the body damage. Adjustment issues or something foreign being closed in it would also cause problems with opening it again but these things would have been apparent.

If the liftgate or body are damaged from the accident that may be preventing it from opening. What was the nature of the accident?

I cut out the bumper and welded the something to pull the hatch door out with a come along, the inside looks ok I was able to remove the bottom plastic piece and expose the striker,I don't see anything there and like I said I hear the actuator and see it move when the button on the outside is pushed and have moved it manually from the inside but it just won't release.

What was the nature of the accident?