Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 Altima, push button starts vehicle and it'll even shift…

Customer Question
2008 Altima, push button starts...
2008 Altima, push button starts vehicle and it'll even shift into d or r but then slowly starts to chug a lug and die out. Radio works, horn works, starts every time but then slowly dies out. Whatcha think, something to due with the fuel onjection or spark plugs maybe? I'm lost
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the car is running, do you have a Service Engine soon light on?

No

Will the car start and remain running if you don't put it in gear?

Nah, it does out either way like it wants to stay on but cant

Try this. It will cause a Service Engine Soon light, but this is only a test.

Try unplugging the MAF sensor. Start the car and see if it will start and idle with out stalling. Do not give it gas or try to drive it like this. This is only a test.

Let me know what happens?

I will but I'm sorry I'm in the hospital right now. What and where is the MAF sensor?

The MAF sensor is the Sensor on the back side of the Air Filter Air Box.

Feel better, and please return back to this question after you have been able to try this test.

ok?

Yes, that is what it more or less looks like.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!