Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I tried to update the navigation system in my 2014 Nissan

Customer Question

I tried to update the navigation system in my 2014 Nissan Maxima and my wife turned off the ignition during the install and froze the whole system. I called up nissan and they said that it just needs to be reset. I called several nissan dealerships in my area and they all said that they do not know how to fix it. My question is : How do I reset my navigation system ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

You were doing the 5 disc update? Where you insert the Cd into the rom to do the update?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Also how many miles do you have on the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was. it has 25,000 miles on it
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If the car has 25k miles on it, it sounds like the car is still under factory warranty.

Try this. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it and re-install disc 1 and see what it says.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Since this is a hard drive type of radio unit, if the install got interrupted, it could cause the install to be corrupt which may require the unit to be replaced. Which I would not tell the dealer your wife shut it off, I would simply say it blacked out while doing the install. That would make it sound like the unit was the cause, which would be under warranty if your bumper to bumper is still open.

But lets try the battery thing and see what happens with that first.