Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. My CD player and music box stopped working.

Customer Question
Hello. I'm ***** *****...

Hello. I'm ***** *****. My CD player and music box stopped working. After a while it'll come back on but after a minute Or two it goes back off

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It has bn working dine until yesterday. When trying to play the music box it only says please wait when I usually comes on soon as the car starts. The CD player does nothing at all.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/17/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is it just the music box that has this issue? Will it do the same thing when listening to the Radio or CD player?

The regular radio and satellite radio works perfect. It's just the music box and CD player that's acting up

Thank you. ***** box works off of a Hard Drive. What is most likely happening is the Hard Drive is failing. Since the CD player writes to the hard drive for the music box, that is why the CD player is having issues as well. What you will need to do to resolve this issue is to have the Radio unit removed and sent out for repair. Normally this is around 1 to 2 hours labor, and the repairs normally start at around 299 unless there is a radio exchange available. If one is available, they will simply just swap your old unit for the exchange for a fee which I am not one hundred percent sure of the cost since all units are different. But that is what needs to be done to resolve your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Ugh! Can I find a used one like at the junk yard. Of is that a bad idea?

You are welcome to try. But you have to be sure you get the exact same radio assembly. Once you get it, it may require some configuring for it to operate properly. The old radio's configuration would need to be read and written to the new unit. This is why I was saying the dealer. Only the dealer can do the configuring of these units.

Your welcome to try to get a Used Radio assembly though.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!