Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 pathfinder anti theft light come on

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/16/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is the truck doing exactly please?

Anti theft light came on abd will not start after i touch the battery cable the battery post is loose i dont have a key pad i got a spark from the battery post now it wont start

Did you seem to loose all electrical power to the truck but the security light and head lights work?

The truck was running the post was loose i tighten the post now the truck dont start i get anti theft on i have all electrical power it just wont start

Head lights do not come on?

oh.. ok..

If you have electrical power, the security light, is that light on or off when the key is in the ON position?

It is on

If the light is ON solid, then you are in lock mode.. Try this and see if the Security light will turn OFF when the key is in the on position.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Lock%20Mode%201.jpg

It crank but no start

Is the security light still turning solid when the key is turned to the ON position?

Does the light flash when the ignition is off?

Something happened with the key programming. That is why it's not starting. When the security light turns solid when the key is turned to the ON position, that means the immobilizer system is active.

Try using the mechanical key and lock the truck and unlock the truck and try again.

Also try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins to do a hard reset on the truck and then see if it starts.

You may also need to check all fuses to be sure no fuses blew while you were at the battery.

If none of this works, then if you have another key, try that and see if it starts the truck. If you don't have another key, then you would need to contact a Mobile Locksmith to program the key for you so the truck can start.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician