Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 maxima push buttom start 't read the key and won't…

Customer Question
my 2009 maxima push buttom...
my 2009 maxima push buttom start don't read the key and won't start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/15/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Can you tell me of the steering wheel is locked?

nothing works, my windows are down and the push buttom won't turn to ACC so I can close the windows
I installed a new battery on the control and it's the same thing it won't do nothing

I am aware of that. I asked you if the steering wheel is locked, can you please check that and let me know?

it's locked

Please use some force please to be sure. It would be tight but wont be locked. The reason i am asking is cause steering lock issues are very common for your issue that you are describing

ok let me try it, it moves

Thank you, ***** ***** is the steering lock control unit. Because the wheel moves it means the car has not completed the full shut down cycle. Normally to get it to complete we would locate the control unit on the column and tap it with a hammer while pressing on the brake pedel and hitting he start button. That normally jolts it to complete the shut down cycle so you can then start the car.

How handy are you?

DECENT

I am on mt phone helping you. I have a video on YouTube showing how to hit the control unit and where it is located if you would like to search for it. Other wise i could provide it to you with in a hour or so when I get home.

Let me know

Were you able to find the video and get the car started?