Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 01 nissan sentra 2.0....was running car after i…

Customer Question
Hello, i have an 01...
Hello, i have an 01 nissan sentra 2.0....was running car after i put new brakes n rotors on n car seemed to be dying....got back to house n car died....replaced battery n car started once n now will not crank at all....checked battery n it is at 90%....any ideas as to why it wont crank at all???...thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/14/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you turn the key to the ON position, does all the dash warning lights come on as they should?

everything electrical works..
Headlights. ..windows etc...warning lights etc...just wont crank at all

There are two things that come to mind that would keep the car from turning over. But lets see if we can verify this.

Do you know where the starter is located on your car? I would like to see if that is getting power when the key is in the crank position.

Let me know..

I will check that...car is on side of road approx 20 miles from my home..
Trying to get it towed right now...
Could there possibly be a fuse block issue as car started right away with new battery???
then just died....battery is at 90%

It is more commonly a starter intermittently not operating properly

But we need the car to do some checks.

The only thing I have seen when a battery is replaced that keeps the car from starting is if there is a After Market Alarm or Remote start in the car.

Do you know if you have either?

No just factory alarm...
Is there a way to reset system??....im at a loss...haha

if you are not the original owner of the car, it may have one that has been in valet mode until the battery is replaced. Then it would be active. Which will keep power from getting to the starter.

If it was a factory alarm using the mechanical key in the door would turn it off.

Ok i will check as soon as i can get to car...thanks

ok

If you do find a after market alarm, let me know, I will tell you how to disable it.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician