Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima it is 9 degrees outside and it…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima it is 9 degrees outside and it wont start. What to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.

Nissan Altima 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Got it. What model and year?

Altima and Nissan 2002 4 door sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I put the key and try to start, the light come on, and longer I try the weaker the engine sounds

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Lights the dome light etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan Altima?

I just had a coil changed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/14/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most likely and the most common cause is the cold affects the battery so the engine turns over due to the cold weather. So when this happens the engine could flood much easier. Try this if you can. Try to start the engine again, but step on the accelerator pedal about 1/4 of the way and see if it will start.

Let me know what happens.