Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima it is 9 degrees outside and it

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima it is 9 degrees outside and it wont start. What to do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Nissan Altima 2002
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: Altima and Nissan 2002 4 door sedan
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I put the key and try to start, the light come on, and longer I try the weaker the engine sounds
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: lights the dome light etc
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan Altima?
Customer: I just had a coil changed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most likely and the most common cause is the cold affects the battery so the engine turns over due to the cold weather. So when this happens the engine could flood much easier. Try this if you can. Try to start the engine again, but step on the accelerator pedal about 1/4 of the way and see if it will start.

Let me know what happens.