Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Jay, Can you share some insight on your experience on which…

Customer Question
hey Jay, Can you share some...
hey Jay,
Can you share some insight on your experience on which Nissan SUV/year has best/most features with the LEAST repair issues? Not so sure I want new off the lot.
Nick
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/14/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

You are talking about all SUV's? Pathfinder, Rouge and Murano?

yes, leaning towards Pathfinder at the moment

Well let me start with saying this. All car manufactures all have their own little quirks. So keep that in mind.

What year Pathfinder were you thinking about? Brand New? Used?

very early model. not convinced I am worthy of brand new (yet).

So like what years are you talking about? 2012 and older?

I'm thinking 2011 or newer

2010 to 2012 is the older body style. These are great trucks. I like them better than the new designed 2013 Pathfinder.

The 2010 to 2012 Pathfinders are great trucks. Don't see to many things go bad on them. Most of the stuff are mainly maintenance. Don't really see any issues. But when you get into the 2013's, now you are dealing with a CVT transmission which has had some issues. Meter assembly issues, Roof rail strips and more. I just can' t think of them all.

So if you were going to look into a Pathfinder, 2010 to 2012 is what I would recommend.

Do you have any more questions on this?