Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2004 Nissan pathfinder the 4x4 light is always on

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 Nissan pathfinder the 4x4 light is always on even though when it's not n 4x4 once in awhile it will turn off but most of the time it's always on what can be the problem
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is not a common thing for this truck. Do you happen to have a scanner that can read the 4x4 system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can b the problem
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That light comes on if there is a fault in the 4x4 system or if there is a electrical short. So the first thing you are going to want to have done is to have the 4x4 system scanned. It could be a sensor? it could be a 4x4 actuator. There is really no way of knowing unless the system is scanned. One you scan it, you will then have a code pointing to the fault in the transfer case so you can test it and replace it.

This is going to require a advanced level scanner. So you will need to take it to a shop or a dealer.

Do you have any more questions on this?