Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 Maxima; cold idle problems. Car will stall while cold,

Customer Question
2000 Maxima; cold idle...

2000 Maxima; cold idle problems. Car will stall while cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Now the drum & belt next to the engine is making noise, power steering is compromised.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/11/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you have a service engine soon light on when the engine is running?

No lights are on. I already paid $20 on my PayPal account.

Did you happen to replace the Idle air control valve on your car, some what recently?

No, but does that have anything to do with the power steering? The drum & belt next to the engine on the passenger side is making noise that correlates with the steering problem.

How is the power steering fluid level? What is the power steering doing? making noise? Hard to turn?

What kind of noise is it making? Screeching sound? Humming? Roaring?