Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have this 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 litre engine code qg18de,

Customer Question
I have this 2005...

I have this 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 litre engine code qg18de

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The intake variable timing sprockets , which I removed the 3 bolts that I am not supposed to and the plastic with the plastic inside came out . I need some expert to see this parts if he can assemble and correct it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No I need expert to put it back together

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?

Thats all

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/11/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

you took the three 10 mm bolts off the front of the intake timing sprocket? is that correct?

that's correct and the spring came out with plastic . I returned it with three bolts and not sure if I am correct?

The sprocket is not meant to come apart. You will need to buy a new intake timing sprocket to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!