Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 xterra, the battery is strong but the car does…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 xterra...
I have a 2004 xterra, the battery is strong but the car does nothing when the key is turned. No lights nothing comes on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/10/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

So I understand, If you turn the ignition you get no dash lights to come on? Does the dome light come on when you open the door? Does the head lights work?

Let me know?

Nothing comes on

Head lights don't even come on?

No

try this.

Turn the head lights on, and loosen the negative battery cable and turn it side to side. If the lights come on, then tighten it down in a slightly different position. If nothing with the negative, then try the positive.

give that a try and let me know what happens.

Ok but it will be tomorrow morning before I can do this

Ok.. I won't be online till after 5 pm EST. But I can keep this question open till you tried this and returned back to let me know what happen?

Sound good?

Great thank you very much

Your welcome.. talk to you tomorrow.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician