Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We need to re-program a key with chip 2006 Nissan

Customer Question
We need to re-program...

We need to re-program a key with chip for our 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. Trying to find instructions how to do this...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My daughter had a new key re-programmed when she misplaced her old key. We found the old key, lost the new one. Somehow the old key now has become "un-programmed". Need to re-program this key.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/2/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

You need dealer level equipment to program a key. You need to get decode the 5 digit BCM code and use the Pin read to register the new key. Anytime you register a new key it DISABLES all the old key registrations.

Some locksmiths also have the ability to convert pin reads and register keys. Their price is about the same as the dealer to register a key, but at least you wouldn't have a tow bill that way.