Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2003 Nissan xterra 3.3litre v6 stalled out. had

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Nissan xterra 3.3litre v6 stalled out . had spark, gave it a shot of either started up couldn't here the fuel pump working put new fuel filter on and put a new fuel pump in still wont start. but still starts on either. any suggestions.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: took the fuel line of were it comes out the fuel filter gas runs out when the keys on still wont start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for using JustAnswer.com

If it runs on either, then the issue is a fuel issue. Did you happen to pull the fuel line off the engine to see if you are getting fuel up there..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I pump in there was only a little over a quarter tank but fuel looked and smelt fine
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is not what I am asking. If you remove the fuel feed line to the engine, and put the line into a clear empty bottle and turn the engine over, can you see if you are getting fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I just checked it from the fuel filter turn the key on it just pump out plenty of fuel I haven't tried up at the motor
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Well if the engine is getting fuel, and it only runs on starting fluid, that means there would be no injector pulse.

Did you check all fuses with a test light?