Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Maxima 96, engine light stays on. It does lose rpms to stall…

Customer Question
Maxima 96, engine light...

Maxima 96, engine light stays on. It does lose rpms to stall at times.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My name is ***** ***** will run just fine (3.0) than when slowing down to a stop RPMs will just fall to 0. at times will do this while accelerating.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/31/2016
Nissan Mechanic: internal88, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I"m Brandon - Nissan tech.

It sounds like a bad throttle position sensor.

Can you scan the vehicle's computer using an OBD2 scanner? It will give me an idea what is really wrong with the car.

The scanner on amazon cost about $20-60. When you have the code please come back here and I will help you out.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

internal88
internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician