Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

, I am having trouble with my Nissan frontier, the oil…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my Nissan frontier, the oil pressure gauge has been replaced twice and still isn't working correct. Plus last weekend I was coming home and on a hill the truck lost power I floored it, it made a thud noise and then I could only get it to go at 20 mph and hobbled it home.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
I was told that the truck has a safety feature that will shut it down to keep from burning up the engine, if so would that be why it is only firing on 3 cylinders.
1/31/2016
Nissan Mechanic: internal88, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I'm Brandon- Nissan tech.

Is the check engine light ON?

OK, can you please scan the vehicle's computer using an OBD2 scanner.

The trouble code retrieved will give me an idea what is wrong with the car. It could be a misfire code. The scanner cost about $20- 60.

http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan-MS309-Diagnostic-Scanner/dp/B001LHQBMC/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454242009&sr=1-3&keywords=obd2+scanner

When you have to code , please come back here so I can help you.