Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have Nissan altima 2010 manual transmission with 141

Customer Question
hi i have Nissan altima...
hi i have Nissan altima 2010 manual transmission with 141 kilometers on its Ode-meter, i have strange steering shake or vibration start above 100km/hand it will increase with speed increase, since that time i tried the followingreplace 4 new tires with balance and alignment, check all trims for any damage and they are goodnew four shock absorber and visual inspection for all suspension component and every things look greati can feel vibration in steering and some time the passenger can feel it also, what i have to check next...?what could be the reason for that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/29/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you are doing around 60 to 70 mph or 100 Km/h, If you put the car in neutral and coast, do you know if you would still feel the vibration? Do you want to return back after you have been able to do this?

Also, what brand tires did you install and do you know if they were road force balanced?

hi
i have tried to put shift in nutral during high speed and i still feel the same vibrationi notice vibration varied from time to time with same high speed. its dosent change even shift in gears or nutral or coast. same feeling.old are Bridgestone Tires , feel vibrationnew four tires maxiss made in taiwan also the same vibration
i want from you what do you suspect? at least to minimize the optionsball joint? steering tie rod? sway bar bushing? linkage? etc....

Maxiss is not a well known tire. Did you have the tires road forced balance?

Was the car aligned after the tires were done?

i have did tire balancing two times also aligned within last three months with no changei feel the vibration in steering also some time passenger seat will vibrate... driving the car like that for long trip is annoyingany other suggestion

Road force balanced is much different than a regular tire balance. Road force can measure radial imperfections in the tires and help the technician to not only balance the tire, but place the tire on the rim so it has the least amount of road force. If you have a tire with high road force, you can balance it all you want and it would still shake a tire balance issue.

This is why I am asking about the road force balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6iC80bVzc

Here is a video showing about road force balancing.

we do not have this type of balancing in my country...in middle eastwe have only normal tire balancing and also on car wheel balancing and i did both, see videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UP97bO-MpUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC5p08jTTvo

You are in the US aren't you?

no...middle east

You put down in your question that you are in the US.

If you are getting up to speed say around the 100km/h.. And you put the car into neutral and coast, do you still feel the shake on the wheel?