Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra and it died earlier today so I

Customer Question

Hello so I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra and it died earlier today so I got it jumped and was able to drive it home, however, as soon as I turned my car off it died again.
It won't even turn over. When I turn the key my dashboard lights come on, my radio does not, and when I flick my lights on the dashboard lights go away. I'm not even hearing a clicking noise when I turn the key, any suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Battery charger? Something we can put on the battery to charge it. It sounds like it's still weak and if so, we may have a Alternator issue.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm sure I can take it to auto zone to get it to charge, however.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Before the car died on you earlier. Were you driving and it died? Was there any warning lights on before it died?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was driving it just fine, parked to go into the store. Was there maybe four hours came out to start the car, nothing. So I got it jumped and it started immediately. I was able to drive it 45 minutes to my house then as soon as I turned it off, it died.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like the Battery is shot.. It should have charged up after a 45 min ride. But what I would suggest if you can is to remove the battery and take to get it charged and checked. If bad, then it would need to be replaced as that seems like that is your problem.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!