Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Penot I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. Battery went stone dead…

Customer Question
Penot I have...

Penot I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. Battery went stone dead when trying to start. Replaced battery and now engine will not start. Sounds like it is trying to start, but will not run. Just the starter turning. Is it anti theft immobilization ? If so, how do I reset it? thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's about it. Engine turning but not starting.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The last question I had 2 days ago was very similar. The vehicle was actual flooded cause it was turning over 2 slow to start the first time. By the time they replaced the battery there was to much fuel in the cylinders to fire.

Try doing this. Press the Accelerator pedal all the way to the floor ( when all the way pressed it kills injector pulse so fuel won't go to the engine ) and see if it almost starts. If it almost start or just about starts, let go of the gas pedal and see if start and runs.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.

Still looking to hear how you made out.

Let me know.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician