Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan X-trail 4WD manual, since my son took it off…

Customer Question
I have a Nissan X-trail...
I have a Nissan X-trail 4WD manual, since my son took it off road in sand, when taking off in 1st gear, at the grab point I get a shudder and the car feels like it wants to stall so I have to give it a bit more accelerator, once driving the shudder stops....any idea?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: HoldenTech,
 replied 2 years ago
HoldenTech

Hi Karyn,

I would say that your son has overheated and worn the clutch, and now you have "clutch shudder".

Very common to many cars.

Would require transmission removal for repair, would recommend a new flywheel and clutch assembly.

I would also not use an X-Trail for 4WD, not aren't up to the rigors of real 4 wheel driving.

They are a good commuter for the city, people mover etc.

Gary

Nissan Mechanic: HoldenTech,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Karyn,

I hope my advice to you has been of some help.

Regards

Gary