Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan tech only 2013 nissan juke, Engine is not running, I…

Customer Question
nissan tech only2013 nissan juke...
nissan tech only2013 nissan juke ,Engine is not running, I checked the spark plugs , found no spark at the spark plugswhat could be wrong how to diagnois
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/24/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 2 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** ii can help

is the service engine soon light on ?

Engine it is not running, and there is no codes
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, sorry it looks like Clif stepped out.

If you have no spark on these engines there is generally only 2 "common" causes. By far the MOST common thing for a no spark issue is the cam sensor. It's located on the cylinder head just below the oil cap and secured by a 10mm bolt.

is there anyway to check it is bad or not , will the scanner show the reading of it when the engine is running

You need a lab scope to see if your getting a reference signal when cranking the engine and see if the reference it consistantly the right voltage by looking at the wave.

The sensor runs about $75 at the dealer if you just want to replace it, or you can pay a diagnostic fee which runs about $90.

what is the other comment failure

not sure what your talking about?

you mentioned (2 "common" causes) one is the cam shaft what is the other one

WITH NO CODES, the other issue we see on these engines specifically is timing chain issues.

I replaced the cam shaft sensor and there is no difference ,
if the timing is missed up will the engine loose ignition spark , is there any other sensor on the timing chain

Crankshaft sensor back of the block near the oil pan, but I don't see them fail often and when they do the engine will still start just be in limp mode and not let you rev it very high.

I know you said you don't have any codes, but is there other details your keeping from me? Does the condensor fan come on with ignition in ON position?

I can read engine speed in my scanner while cracking , so I think the crank shaft sensor is okfan comes on sometimes , specially after I lose the battary charge and recharge the battary then turn ingnition on

The condesor fan is a control unit failure fail safe function.

Whats the history behind this vehicle?

I replaced the engine, I used to have spark and fuel before replacing the engine, now there is no spark

ahhh probably have the flywheel alignment off then.

how to check this aligment

Should be a notch at the flywheel and a dowel pin hole to align. The dowel pin hole should be the one that looks like a square inside the hole.

but now that I recall you said you pick up an RPM signal when cranking.

I am starting to believe this might be a little more difficult than most issues that can be resolve over the net and require a more hands on approach. Knowing the extent of the motor replacement now really expands the posibilities for errors and the engine is going to have to be looked over thoroughly.