Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

When i replace A bcm on a 2005 nissan pathfinder will this

Customer Question

Customer: When i replace A bcm on a 2005 nissan pathfinder will this require reprograming .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car does not lock doors despite the remote working and the lights working ie flashing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Yes, it will have to be programmed, in fact the one that is being removed has to be read by the dealer so they can reprogram the new one to the same specs. I would contact them and find out if they will let you bring one from another source to install. Many dealerships will do this. Otherwise you will have to have it towed to the dealer, and they will have to install the old BCM before they can do anything.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!