Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

How do I get the Check engine light to go off in my Land

Customer Question
Rover Discover II after motor...
How do I get the Check engine light to go off in my Land Rover Discover II after motor replacement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
1/20/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you want to clear a Check Engine Light and don't have a scanner, simply disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins clears the codes.

If you connect the battery and the light is still on, then you have a hard code and will need a scanner to read the codes stored so you can isolate the fault to correct it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done the battery disconnect and we had a scanner on it initially after we installed the new motor to correct any mix issues. My understanding is that the computer is trying to understand why the input data doesn't reconcile with its history. I think that there may be some sort of reset that one would use after a major component replacement. I am not a mechanic but am fairly savvy in troubleshooting and parts replacement. Is there anyone around who is familiar with the British manufacturers North American spec 4.0l V8 and computer idiosyncrasies? Even better would be knowledge of a compatible diesel engine as a future replacment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you know about the 2016 Titan Diesel. I am most interested in vehicle capacities and mpg test results.

You need a scanner to reset the light. I don't know what year or model Land Rover this is, But I will opt out and transfer this question to the proper category to see if anyone else can help you.

The Titan with the Cummins twin turbo Diesel just came out this year. To early to tell, but I can't see it failing if Cummins is putting their name on it.

It is a VERY impressive truck.

Thanks Jay

Nissan Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will try to help, if the check engine light is on, then there is a code stored for something in the ECM, do you have the scanner? if so, can you scan it for codes and tell me what is stored? thanks.

Edward
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician