Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 89 VG30i with the heads removed. How do I set the…

Customer Question
I have a 89 VG30i...
I have a 89 VG30i with the heads removed. How do I set the lower half at TDC? Do I need to do anything to the rebuilt heads such as locking the cams in a certain angle before putting them on the engine? Last time I had the top half removed was twenty years ago to replace the intake gaskets. I removed the heads thinking it was the head gasket.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/20/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

no,you really dont need to lock the cams before installing the heads.

i will give you the procedure for installing the heads and the timing

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhph13cfcl6qbhz/0120-nissan-d21-Fig.doc?dl=0&preview=0120-nissan-d21-Fig.doc

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/zhph13cfcl6qbhz/0120-nissan-d21-Fig.doc?dl=0&preview=0120-nissan-d21-Fig.doc

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic