Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 nissan altima, wont start. i have the little key…

Customer Question
my 2011 nissan altima, wont...
my 2011 nissan altima, wont start. i have the little key light on the left hand side of the display. the press brake to start light comes on then goes out as soon as i press the ignition button. but nothing else happens. the fob wont lock or unlock the door either. i replaced the battery in the fob...nothing changed. no other lights come on. except for an occasional no key light.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hi there,

This sounds like it's very possibly the car battery. I would start by trying to jump start the car. It may also be a bad connection on the battery. Let the donor car stay on it for about 15 minutes, then see if the situation changes. Please try this and let me know.