Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 nissan altima, wont start. i have the little key…

Customer Question
my 2011 nissan altima, wont...
my 2011 nissan altima, wont start. i have the little key light on the left hand side of the display. the press brake to start light comes on then goes out as soon as i press the ignition button. but nothing else happens. the fob wont lock or unlock the door either. i replaced the battery in the fob...nothing changed. no other lights come on. except for an occasional no key light.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hi there,

This sounds like it's very possibly the car battery. I would start by trying to jump start the car. It may also be a bad connection on the battery. Let the donor car stay on it for about 15 minutes, then see if the situation changes. Please try this and let me know.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician