Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Jay, I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4X4 3.3 and

Customer Question
Customer: Hi jay, I'm Bob...
Customer: Hi jay, I'm Bob - I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4X4 3.3 and after I changed out the burnt out instrument cluster light bulbs I now have no tach or instrument cluster lights.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tach doesn't work and te instrument cluster illumination lights don't work after i replaced the bulbs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/19/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Were they working before you changed the bulbs i the meter?

the one bulb was burnt out. Just replaced the burnt out bulb.

If they were working before you changed the bulbs, I would recheck your all your connections to see if everything was replaced right and plugged in.

Did you check fuses also?

I rechecked the connections. Which fuse is the instrument panel fuse?

Here is where the fuse are. Please check them and let me know what you find.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.jpg

The fusesare okay - what next?

Where did you get the bulbs you installed? If you put the old bulbs back in see if the operation returns

The replacement bulbs were LED' from The Auto Zone. I tried the 1 good bulb and it didn't work either. How is bulb replacement associated with the Tach not working now?

Oh.. You have to watch when you use LED's.. They normally require their own ground..

Put all the original bulbs back in and then see if operation returns. It's very common to have things not work when LEDs are installed.

Did putting all the original bulbs back in return everything back to normal?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician