Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****, and I have a 2000 Nissan frontier…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** *****, and I have a 2000 Nissan frontier and the car is misfiring and some time it shut off it happen two day ago after fill the with gas I though that had a bad gas replaced gas filter and add gas treatment in the gas tank and still misfiring and catalytic turn red after while of running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car is not running right change the plugs and wires and I noticed when truck is running I put my hand on top the distributor cap and feel very rough like a bad bearing and don't know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes I will wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
1/17/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

First thing I would like to say about your issue is that when you get that rattling feeling at the distributor cap, that is a sign of a loose timing belt and that it needs to be changes ASAP. Timing belts get done every 90 to 100k miles.

Back to your issue. Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the engine is running? Also what brand spark plugs did you install?

it weird that after fill the car with gas it all started the this problem. but I will follow your advise to check the timing belt. thanks I will keep you inform.Jay

The timing belt is just one of your issues. If this happened after you filled up with gas, you could have gotten bad gas. I would try to run that tank out and fill up next time with premium fuel.

Also what brand spark plugs did you install?