Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I'm on this belt noise problem also. The belt made a lot of

Customer Question

I'm on this belt noise problem also. The belt made a lot of noise when ac was put on. Then belt came off or broke. Can it be a bad belt or is ac compressor locked
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

It could be either a bad compressor, Idler pulley or Alternator. While you have the belt off, manually spin all those pulleys and see if they spin free. If one does not, that is most likely the reason the belt is breaking.

Do you happen to notice that the belt squeaks when the AC is turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's when it happened. I put in the defrosters and the noise happen and the belt broke
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After looking at the belt it was in terrible condition old age
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I guess, installing a new belt will need to be done.

Is this something you would do yourself? or have a shop do?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When you turned on the Defroster, that engages the AC compressor. The Ac Compressor always runs when the defroster is turned on.

So if you checked all the pulleys, and they all seem to be spinning freely, and the belt looked old, then you will need to put a belt on, and see how it holds up. If there is any squeaking or squealing when the AC or Defroster is on, that would indicate that the compressor could be locking up.

In any case, here is a video on how to do the belts if you plan on doing it your self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz-eJ7cuSZA

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!