Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My name is ***** *****. I have an infiniti fx 37.When I get

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have an infiniti fx 37.When I get in the intelligent key light comes on and it will not start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have tried 2 keys and neither work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year FX is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is 2010
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok, so this is a FX35, not a FX37...

When you try to start it do you get a rapid clicking or a single click when you try to start it?

Does the battery have 6 small caps on the top of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its an fx 37s, reg BX60 KVW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not looked at the battery and the car is broken down away from here so I cant see it at the moment.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What model is this? Is this a Infiniti?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a push button.There seems to be a problem with the intelligent key it will not move from the lock position so will not even turn over.the yellow key lights is illuminated.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Is the steering wheel locked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is your issue. Your issue is the steering lock control unit. Watch this video and try these steps. I am sure you will find this will allow the car to start until you can replace the steering lock control unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay, I have tried this and it did not work.My Infiniti does not have a plastic control box like the one in the video, It has a slim metal box.I tried tapping the box with a hammer, with the remote key in, foot on the brake etc and it still would not start.
many thanks,
David.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It is a metal box on the column. If tapping it does not allow it to operate, then it would need to go to the dealer to have it replaced to get you up and going.