Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2009 nissan altima keeps beeping under hood

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Please explain this beeping your hearing.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a steady beep....same problem this guy has at this link http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/7bk5v-altima-beeping-noise-continuously-coming.html i just need to know where to unplug this black box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a little black box under the hood that is making the noise
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Where is this box located under the hood around? Is the one by the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
driver side, yes behind the battery. if you click that link i sent, it's exactly where they say it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just don't know how to unplug it
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

For some reason I can't see that whole question. I am thinking it maybe the ABS actuator making noise, I have seen that. But that is back by the Master Cylinder area.

So I would like to be sure since I am not there hearing it. Is

Here is a link.. Do you see it in this image?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1a.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see the image you sent....the black box i'm speaking of is on driver side and near the corner toward the back of underneath the hood
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If it's what I am thinking , it is the ABS actuator. Let me get you another image to see if this is what you are seeing. I min

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a beeping noise continuously coming from under the hood and the cruise set light is blinking and the auto down and upwindow not working. What is going on? (this was the whole question on link)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi the beeping is most likely coming from the buzzer under the hood drivers side strut tower the unit short out sometimes and beep you will have to replace it , for now you can just unplug it , its a small block box on the driver side strut tower buy the brake booster .(this was answer)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that's not it, it's a small square black box....
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a picture of it and share it with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i have no way of taking a pic, my phone is broke at the moment. is there any way that this answer on the link can help you find it?hi the beeping is most likely coming from the buzzer under the hood drivers side strut tower the unit short out sometimes and beep you will have to replace it , for now you can just unplug it , its a small block box on the driver side strut tower buy the brake booster .(this was answer)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271916411434?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

For now, Disconnect the negative battery cable. This way it does not run down the battery. The area you are talking about is where the ABS actuator is located. I have seen where this control unit gets shorted out and will constantly make noise even when the car is off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
click the ebay link, it shows the same engine as mine and you can see the little black box. and ok i will do so
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That little black box on the fire wall?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i circled it in this pic
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Got it.. 1 min...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i'm gonna go disconnect negative battery cable a sec, i'll be back
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Trying to find the name of this part for you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is the Intelligent Key Warning buzzer.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Now I am looking up if you can simply unplug it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
warning buzzer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same buzzer for when i leave my lights on?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes,.. It would chime if the doors are closed and engine is off and the car is not in park or something..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh ok thought it sounded familiar. thing is, it is now staying on even when car is off and lights are off
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You can unplug it. But you want to have this checked. Meaning to see if it's defective buzzer or if something else is wrong making it sound for you... But for now you can unplug it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok and how do i unplug it...i tried but had no luck
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Should have a pinch type of connector. There is a Tab that you press down which unlocks the connector so it can be unplugged.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Other wise, leave the battery disconnected and swing by the dealer in the AM to have them quickly check it for you or at least unplug it for you...

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Or bring a 10 mm wrench with you to disconnect the battery so it doesn't drain the battery

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Until you can get to the dealer.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anyway you can find me a video or pic of instructions of how to unplug it? isn't budging. would rather do that than disconnect battery
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a video or picture. If you were able to take a picture of the connector, I could show you.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get the Intelligent Key Warning buzzer unplugged?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!