Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My problem is car wont start I put a tester on plug wire and

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** my problem...
Customer: ***** ***** my problem is car wont start I put a tester on plug wire and it will fire when you first try to start it and then it wont changed crank and cam sesor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: every time when I first try to start it fires but if I hold it turning over it stop fireing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
1/1/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and model Nissan is this?

Engine Turns over but does not start? Did you have a code for the Crank or Cam Sensor? Is that why you replaced them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2004 ALTIMA AND DONT HAVE ANY CODES

When you turn the key to the ON position is the security light ON Solid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO

So the engine turns over but does not start correct? This is a 4 cylinder right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2.5

Can you pop one of the spark plugs out to see if it is soaked with fuel? I wonder if you are simply flooded?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO IT ONLY FIRES WHEN I FIRST TRY TO START IT

What do you mean? When the car is cold the engine will turn over and start. But if it's warmed up it will only turn over and not start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAD IT FLOODED AT ONE TIME BECAUSE I KEPT TRYING TO START IT AND NO IT WONT START BUT IT TRYS WHEN I FIRST TURN KEY TO TRY TO START IT AND AFTER THAT IF I HOLD KEY OVER LIKE IM TRYING TO START IT HAS NO FIRE

Lets pull the spark plugs and see how wet they are. We may need to dry out the cylinders. When the cylinders have to much fuel it washes out the cylinder walls and lowers compression until it drys out. The compression returns.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IF I TURN KEY OVER TO START IT IT FIRES ONCE DOSNT FIRE ANYTIME AFTER

We need to check the plugs to see how wet they are!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WHAT EVER IS MAKEING THE FIRE TO STOP IS MY PROBLEM IT WILL FIRE WHEN I FIRST TRY TO START IT I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE A TESTER ON IT THAT LIGHTS UP WHEN IT FIRES
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I JUST PUT NEW PLUGS IN ALMOST DONE

What brand spark plugs do you have in the engine? When did you put the plugs in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
BOSH PLATUIM

Bosch Plugs are the worst plugs you can use in these engines. These engines were designed to use NGK's. Do you still have the Old NGK spark plugs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
JUST GOT DONE AND IT IS STILL THE SAME
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I JUST PUT CHAMPION IN IT NOTHING CHANGED

These engines were designed to use NGKs.. Bosch is the worst plug you can use in these engines, and Champion plugs are only good for lawn mowers.

Do you still have the old NGK spark plugs and were they wet with fuel?

Do you know if you have Injector pulse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE PLUGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TESTER LIGHTING UP

You have not told me if the spark plugs were soaked with fuel or not. I asked you a number of times.

Also do you know if you have injector pulse?

Do you know where the security light is located on your car? Are you sure that light is not solid when the key is in the ON position ( not engine turning over ) the ON position?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I DO IN THE ON POSITION THE LIGHT IS NOT ON AT ALL

Yes the Security Light is ON solid when the key is in the ON position?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IN THE ON POSTION THE LIGHT IS NOT ON AT ALL

One min you tell me it's ON , the next it's off. ... I am getting confused.

Lets focus on this a min please. You do know where the security light is located on your car right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ON THE DASH BY THE VIN NUMBERS

Yes... When you turn the key in the ON position so all the dash warning lights are on. Not when the key is turned to the Crank Position. Only when the ignition is ON, This light is OFF or ON?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OFF

Ok.. How many miles are on the car and how is the oil level?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
141705 OIL LEVEL IS FINE

Are you able to monitor intake timing while the engine is turning over?]

Do you know if you have Injector pulse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO AND YES

Yes, you have injector pulse? You checked it with a Noid light?

The only other thing that I can think of that would do this is if the intake timing sprocket is stuck or the timing jumped.

You have no codes what so ever? Does the engine fans come on when the key is turned to the ON position?

Did you check all fuses with a test light?

Oh, please once again tell me if the spark plugs were wet when you removed them. There is a possibly you may have bad gas as well if the plugs keep getting soaked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WHAT DO YOU MEAN INTAKE TIMING SPROKET IS STUCK NO CODES FAN DOES NOT COME ON YES CHECKED ALL FUSES YES THEY WERE WET

Ok.. If the spark plugs were wet, we could be dealing with bad gas. Can you check to see if the spark plugs are wet again? If they keep getting soaked, you are most likely dealing with bad gas.

Did you get gas recently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK AGAIN THE TEST LIGHT I HAVE ON THE NUMBER ONE PLUG IS BETWEEN THE BOOT AND PLUG IT WILL LIGHT UP ONE TIME WHEN ATEMPTING TO START CAR BUT DOESE NOT LIGHT UP AGAIN WHAT WOULD CAUSE THE FIREING TO STOP AFTER A SINGEL TIME OF FIRE

BAD GAS. IF YOU HAVE BAD GAS IT COULD IGNITE FOR A SECOND THEN THE ENGINE KEEPS TURNING OVER.

CAN YOU PLEASE RECHECK THE SPARK PLUGS AND SEE IF THEY ARE WET AGAIN?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MAN THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WET PLUGS

This could! If you have bad gas it will do exactly what you are describing!!

Did you get gas recently.

If you want to speak with me so I can help you that way so there is no confusion and so I can better explain why I keep focusing on the spark plugs, then please accept the additional service request. I am sure if I spoke with you we can isolate this issue with out any confusion.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SORRY I AM DONE

I understand you are frustrated. I am trying to help you. I am willing to do what I can to help you..

Good luck with your issue. Sorry I could not work with you to help you resolve you issue.

Have a Happy New Year.

Thanks Jay!

If you would like to return back if you have more questions and you do verify that the spark plugs keep getting soaked with fuel, feel free to return back and I am still willing to help you.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician