Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had nissan juke brought in ,jan.2015, chain problem,since

Customer Question

i had nissan juke brought in for recall,jan.2015,for timing chain problem,since then ,my gas mileage has dropped to 19.5 m.p.g.,either city or highway,local mechanics claim that they screwed something up in the re-progamming??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Are you using the MPG display to determine your Miles Per Gallon? Also do you have a Service Engine Soon light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have used both vehicle computer,and simple math,both verify that mileage,and no engine lites!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What grade fuel do you use and do you do allot of stop and go driving? Highway? How many miles on the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i use 91 octane,combo.city and hwy.driving,and have approx.18,000 miles on the car! up until the dealer did the timing chain recall,i was getting 19.5 mpg city,and approx 26 highway,which accordine to internet reviews,is the norm!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Well I can say that when the dealer did the timing chain work, the corrective learning is cleared. These cars have what they call adaptive learning. It learns how you drive and it will retain a memory of that. So since the work was done, and the learning is cleared, it is in adaption mode so you may see some weird or poor Mpg while it adapts.

How long or how many miles have you put on the car since the work?