Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I want to add fog lights to my 2015 Nissan Rogue sv. using

Customer Question
I want to add fog...
I want to add fog lights to my 2015 Nissan Rogue sv. using the factory installed wiring in the front for the fog lights and adding my own switch in the dash. I do not want to buy the factory column fog light switch assembly. where would I find the wires to add my switch and how do I connect into the wires?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
12/19/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Let me check something for you. Please hang on.

ok thanks.

ok.. They have a Fog Light kit available for your vehicle. Those are the instructions along with the part numbers you need to add fog lights to the car.

Now the car is pre-wired for fog lights. The only difference is that when it comes to the switch, that whole assembly has to be replaced. They harness to the column is plugged into the current stalk assembly already and If you try to tamper with that, you would void your warranty.

What I would suggest you do is this. Get the install kit. Go ahead and install the fog lights! and button that part all up. Once that is done and it comes time to install the switch, I would take it to the dealer to have them install that part for you. This way the warranty will remain intact. Especially since you are using the factory install kit

Do you have any questions on this?

I did not want to buy the $200 column switch as shown in the instructions. As I indicated I wanted to use my own switch that costs much less and I do not have to pull the steering wheel.

Ok.. I will provide you with the wiring diagram for the Fog lights. But keep in mind you do run risk of voiding warranty on your vehicle.. Hang on..

After looking at the wiring diagram, you won't be able to use any of the factory harness to make the fog lights to work.

You could cut the factory fog light connector end off, and then manually wire the fog lights. But after looking at the wiring diagram, there is no way you can use any of the factory harness since the command to turn them on and off is done through the CAN system to the IPDM.

Here is the factory wiring diagram for your fog lights so you can see what I am talking about.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2015%20Rouge%20fog%20light%20wiring%20diagram.pdf

So you have a understanding how you are going to want to wire the fog lights, I extracted a Basic fog light wiring diagram from a 2000 Altima where no control units play a factor in it's operation. So you can get a idea on how you want to wire it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.pdf

Do you have any more questions on this?

no not at this time, I will have to look at this more over the weekend.

Not a problem. Please download all the info I supplied to you so you can take your time to look at it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Hello, Wondering if you had any more questions on this?

I provided you with a detailed information for what you were asking. I was wondering if you were happy with the service I provided?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician