Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I just ask?

Customer Question
I just ask ?...
I just ask ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for question.

Yes, you just ask your question. Also let me know the year and model Nissan.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005 nissian frontier 4.0 no power changed boots still no power
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Code was bad coil

Do you have the exact code number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ckd coils
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i dont auto zone didnt give it to me

?? That is Odd. They normally share the code numbers... So They scanned it for you and told you it was a coil and sold you a coil?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but i found that boot was bad i had to drive it home at 40 mph and it really doggie

There is no Service Engine Soon light on now?

Do you find that it will accelerate if you apply the gas lightly? but if you give it to much gas it bogs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I seen the results what e
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It idles ok

That is normally due to a MAF sensor or a vacuum leak.

When it comes to the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor I strongly recommend you get the part from the dealer. I would have it checked to verify. But most of the time when the MAF sensor does not meter air properly it won't cause a Service Engine Soon light cause it still meters air, just not properly. If you were to get one from auto zone, that is considered after market and After Market ones never work right. They never meter air properly and if you do get one that meters air properly it will flat line 02 sensor operation and have you changing parts that does not need to be changed.

Just try to remember, when it comes to electrical parts like Sensors, get them from the dealer.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its does have engine light still on

Ok.. But you don't know what code you have correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont wanna drive it to part store to get it ck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ur correct

Well there is no way to guess what code you have. If it's acting like what I described, I would check the air intake duct for any leaks. If you don't see any leaks. I would recommend you have the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor checked and replaced as needed.

When it comes to electrical sensors and parts, a scanner would be required to help verify the issue so it can be resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about exhaust being loud

If you feel the vehicle is unsafe to drive, if you have any type of road side service. I would have them bring it to your local repair shop to verify my thoughts for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does that tell u any thing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Loss of power loud exhaust

If your intake duct has a leak, it can make it sound louder. Where if you have unmetered air going into the engine it will act this same way.

I would just double check the air intake duct. That could be what sounds louder and will cause the power loss.

If you do have a exhaust leak, that should not cause this issue. If you have a exhaust that is loud, you would need to go through the exhaust to isolate the leak so it can be repaired.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dont Wanna blow up motor

Can you just check that Air Intake duct to make sure there is no splits in it and that it's properly secured on the air filter housing and throttle chamber?

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have after market air filter kit just replaced maf and no change
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No air leaks

Where did you get the MAF sensor? Auto Parts store?

Hello?

Hello?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician