Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 01 g 20 I am shooting a p505 I got a ecm from the

Customer Question

I have a 01 g 20 I am shooting a p505 I got a ecm from the junk yard can I just put it in and be all set or should I get the ignition too I am trying to avoid bringing it to the dealership for programming
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your Question.

No you can't just plug it in. With this P0505 code you will need to replace the Ecm and Idle Air Control Valve both at the same time.

Once the Ecm is installed, then the keys will need to be programmed so the car can be started. Once started then it will need to go to the dealer for a Idle Relearn to verify the repair.

A mobile locksmith can come program the keys for you after you replace both parts. Make sure they are both done at the same time, other wise you will never get ahead of resolving the issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!